Aller au contenu
Le Web des Cheminots

The Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway

Messages recommandés

In April/May 2023 my wife and I stayed in Co. Donegal for a couple of weeks, planning to walk as much as possible of the L&LSR as far as Letterkenny.

The linked article covers the first length of the line heading East from Burtonport

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2023/04/28/the-burtonport-extension-of-the-londonderry-lough-swilly-railway-part-1/

• J'aime 3

In April/May 2024 we spent time in Co. Donegal again. Our intention was to walk as much as possible of the Londonderry & Lough Swilly trackbed as we could between Letterkenny and Derry and the branch to Cardonagh.

We were frustrated by contacting COVID at the very beginning of our holiday and recovery was slow!

Walking any distance at all was impossible for both of us.

I was, however, able to start work on the first of these articles about these lines.

This is the first article: ...

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2024/05/16/the-lough-swilly-railway-continued-letterkenny-to-derry-part-1/

• J'aime 4

• 2 semaines plus tard...
Publication: (modifié)

Yes SLYD, but the railway company had the name I have quoted - often abbreviated to L&LSR or 'The Swilly'. Other than limited references to the name of the railway company, I have used the abbreviated form or 'The Swilly' and referred to the city as Derry. 

Kind regards

Roger

Modifié par rogerfarnworth
  • J'aime 1